January 16, 2012

Growing up and going through school, especially middle school and high school I didn't worry about the same things most kids did. While most middle schoolers were trying to fit in with the popular crowd and going to their first dances. I was worrying about laundry and making sure no one found out that my mom wasn't really visiting her parents, that she was in rehab for alcohol. In those moments, I decided I was never going to drink. I was not going to end up like her.

High School was similar. While my friends were going to the movies, dances, and the mall. I was going to doctors offices, imaging centers, and hospitals. I sent my time worrying about what test I would need next, instead of which dance was coming up and buying new dresses. I missed out on normal high school activities.

But what is normal really? Did I really miss out on that much? It feels like it, I feel like I lost so many years that I'm never going to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment