May 26, 2012

The Unenviable Question

So because of everything that is going on, I go for a lot of medical tests. The one question other then the main ones of why are you having this test done and what symptoms do you have seems to be one that has to be ask several times before the person asking will believe your answer.
   "Is there any chance at all that you are pregnant?"
It makes me want to laugh every time. Because the truth is the answer is always going to be the same. No. But then they ask, are you positive that there is no chance at all, not even the slightest chance that you could be? I say No again. They ask once more and again I say No.

Every time they ask me that extra time after I have given the initial No what I really want to say is, "Not unless I'm the new virgin Mary."

Honestly because when you have spent as much time as I have dealing with doctors and tests and stuff along those lines instead of the normal teenager stuff being asked if there's a chance if you are pregnant is pretty fun.

Sometimes I want to say, I haven't had the chance  to get pregnant or No, there's definitely no chance that I'm pregnant because I'm a virgin. I want to explain to them and be like, "See when you've been seeing doctor's since you were sixteen like I have for possibly having MS, the furthest thing from your mind is dating and even further from your mind is having sex. So yes I'm positive that I'm not pregnant because I've never even dated. But if for some reason I am wrong and I am pregnant, you'll be the first to know that you have treated a girl who had a baby by immaculate conception.

It's just something I think about a lot and always think about. Should I just answer it with a No or should I lay it all out on the table for them? In case you are wondering, I always just say No...I've never laid it all out on the table for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment