June 24, 2011

Where Am I Going..

I feel like everyone is going somewhere with their lives. I'm sitting here in my room today surrounded by everyone elses futures'. Hanging on my closet door is my brother's graduation gown, with his Honors sash and on my desk is his graduation cap and tie. His future awaits him, he's attending college in Maine..a whole other state and many hours away. He was smart, he's getting out of this house and town. Looking down at the floor beside my bed sit two bags full of little baby boy things for a good friends baby. She's due in August. She has things figured out to some point. And my best friend since sixth grade her and her boyfriend are looking for apartments. So I sit here and wonder what am I doing? Where am I going? I have no boyfriend and certainly have no plans of having children soon but I feel like these are things that should be happening soon. Considering I'm the oldest of all my friends. And the furthest behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment