November 18, 2014

Feelin' Crafty!

We all know how much I like to get my hands dirty, whether figuratively or literally. I took on the project of redoing my bedroom earlier in September, I wanted my room to have a more calming feel. I've been taking on various craft projects since then. I have to say one of my ultimate favorites is the floor poof, as they are called. Odd name if you ask me but it's comfortable, so I really don't care what it is called.

I spent only an hour and a half trying to pick out the perfect fabric. ONLY AN HOUR AND A HALF?? Crazy, right? I thought so. I fell in love with this one shade of grey but they didn't have enough of the amount of it that I needed, so back to the shelves I went! Then I found this awesome leaf patterned fabric and another grey that matched it.


So with my fabric picked out and cut, I grabbed some needles, found thread to match, a zipper and two bags of plush filling; I was ready to check out.

I got home and although I had many other more important tasks to tackle I couldn't help but start to sew. Off I went, many hours(probably 3- the first day) and two days later I had a completed project. I'm so happy with the turn out. It's perfect, just what I was picturing, and it's just want I needed to just sit in my room to read or currently studying for the praxis!


Final Product
So happy with the final results!  So thankful for the crafty and creative side that I was given!

No comments:

Post a Comment