August 01, 2014

Live to be Happy

This summer has been about living for me and doing things for ME. No matter how little, silly or simple those things might seem. Last week I bought a new lip "color" it's somewhere between a lipstick and a lip gloss. I'm in love with the color, it's something little like that, those little things make me happy.

As of Tuesday I'm on leave of absence from school for the fall semester. I didn't pass my Praxis so I can't student teach this fall but it's going to be okay. I'm going to pass the test and in the mean time I'm going to study my butt off and sub.

I've been doing a lot of growing and discovering who I am this summer. I'm even thinking of redoing my room...I'm really just thinking of changing the color to something calming and relaxing but it's something I'm doing for ME. I'm really loving the ME I'm discovering and uncovering. And all I'm doing is letting myself be myself. I'm no longer letting myself be defined by the person that everyone else wants me to be.

I think that's all anyone can ask of themselves. Be the person that you want to be, not the person the world wants and expects you to be. Live for you and to make yourself happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment