July 18, 2014

By Choice, Not Blood

I'm not going to lie when I found out that my best friend would be moving 25 hours and thousands of miles away, I was scared. Not only that she'd be so far but I was scared that our friendship would change. I was worried that we wouldn't be as close as we were at the point. That the distance would somehow change all of that. It was hard saying "see you later" to her but the next day I realized nothing was going to change.

I kept thinking I don't know what I'm going to do without her but I'm not losing her. Maybe a little bit in distance but that's about it. She's still her and I'm still me. She's only a phone call or a short plane ride away. I'm realizing if anything this distance will bring us closer together. Although we might not see each other like we used to, that hasn't changed our friendship. We still text all the time, have our random phone calls and Skype sessions. Nothing will change the fact that we are best friends, sisters and family. We may not be sisters or family by blood, but we are sisters and family by choice. I think that's the best kind of family there is.


One of the many pictures we took before she left.

I love my best friend and sister.






"A strong friendship doesnt need daily conversation..
Doesnt always need togetherness...
As long as the
Relationship lives in the heart
True friends will never be apart."


No comments:

Post a Comment