August 01, 2013

What I've gained..

I was standing in  my room this morning getting ready for work. I was wishing I could wear these really cute white wedges to work with my blue and white polka dotted dress. Instead I'm wearing white flats because the MS is messing with my balance a little more than usual as of lately. I keep thinking about all the stuff I've lost because of MS and what it's taken from me. Like my sense of stability in a way. I don't plan as much anymore, it's more like do stuff when I can. My life is full of unknowns now. Like when something might happen. I was at work and out of nowhere part of my face feels like it's on fire. I keep thinking of everything I feel like I've lost due to the MS.

Then I realized what MS has given me. Because of MS, I found MSWorld. There are four women that I have become extremely close with. If not for MS or MSWorld I would have never met them.

So now I'm trying to think in terms of gains, not losses. I've gained four amazing friends, I couldn't imagine my life now without them. I think we each bring our own little something to the friendship and we balance each other really well. I'm so grateful to have them in my life and so grateful to have the chance to be in theirs. I know we will all be there for each other. Whether I'm having a bad day, or one of them is having a bad day, or we just need to fool around and laugh. We will always be there for each other. That's a great feeling, knowing that they will always be there for me and that I will always be there for them. So today I'm looking at the MS in a new light. In a light of gains and I'm thankful for it. As crazy as that may sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment