June 30, 2013

Some Randoms..

I've been listening to these two songs non-stop on replay. There's something about them that connected with me and parts of them really say how I'm feeling. First is a song I heard on the new tv show Nashville called Ho Hey which was originally sang by the Lumineers.

I really connected with these lyrics.
(Ho!)
(Hey!)
(Ho!)
(Hey!)

(Ho!) I've been trying to do it right
(Hey!) I've been living a lonely life
(Ho!) I've been sleeping here instead
(Hey!) I've been sleeping in my bed,
(Ho!) I've been sleeping in my bed
(Hey!)

(Ho!)

(Ho!) So show me family
(Hey!) All the blood that I would bleed
(Ho!) I don't know where I belong
(Hey!) I don't know where I went wrong
(Ho!) But I can write a song
(Hey!)


Then there's the song Better by Maggie Rose which I heard while laying out in my backyard trying to get some color. I really connected with these lyrics too.


But that's a road I don't wanna go back down
And I hate myself for what I'm thinkin' now
Hey, it's just one night, it's not like it's forever
I just want to feel better

I just want to feel good, feel alright
Feel anything but what I feel tonight
I just want to move on with my life
And put the pieces back together
I just want to feel better


I'm not sure why but these parts just feel like me. I feel so lost and confused at times, so unsure of where I belong. Then there's the second song which makes me think of the MS and the side effects from the Rebif. I know this song was about a broken up relationship or at least that's what I'm led to believe but these parts describe what I'm going through. I really just want to feel better and move on with my life. I know it's going to take time and that's hard but I'm in it for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment