June 24, 2013

Just another test....

It should have been just another MRI. At least that's how it felt at first, but it wasn't. I'm not sure if it's because this is the first MRI I've had since I was diagnosed or what the reason was. All I know for sure is that it did not feel like just another MRI today.

Maybe it's because of the response I gave when the nurse asked me what the reason was that I was having this test done today. It's the first time I've responded by saying "I have MS". At least for an MRI or test. It's always been "My doctor thinks I might have MS" or "I'm being tested for MS" NOT "I have MS". She almost seemed shocked, she didn't know how to respond at first.

Then she proceeded to ask the normal questions: "Any chance you could be pregnant?", "Are you wearing any metal?Earrings?Any piercings, etc?". Nope. "You've done this a lot haven't you?" "Yeah, I'm a pro at MRI's now", I laughed back.

I laid in the MRI machine listening the to noises. One was a cross between a hammer and a wood pecker. Another I pictured the noise from Mario when he is running around collecting all the coins but doesn't earn the star. I tried to give a picture to every noise but couldn't.

This MRI was definitely different for me. I'm hoping that even though this experience was different that maybe my MRI stayed the same. Wishful thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment