June 17, 2013

Once a Day

I'm always saying I grew up fast because of the MS. It's not a lie, I did grow up fast. I just don't think it was all the MS. I was eleven the first time I realized the reason behind my mom suddenly seeming different and out there. I realized after going through the DARE (Drugs Alcohol Resistance Education Program) that my mom drank. Her drinking had escalated by the time I was thirteen. I was left to help out around the house while she was in and out of rehabs. I was in charge of laundry, dinner, helping my brother with his homework, basically everything a thirteen year old shouldn't have to do. That's when I grew up.

The start of MS at sixteen only pushed me to grow up more. With all that going on I never really had the time to be a kid, to act silly.

So I've decided to take at least a few moments from my day to act silly. Because I missed out on it when I was younger but I'm not to old to act silly. Neither are you. So take some moments, act silly or do something for you. Something that will make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment