March 23, 2012

I saw my neurologist Wednesday. My blood work came back fine negative for lupus and lymes. My MRI was abnormal which I knew.

My doctor is looking at MS and basically said that's what it is. I have 2 of the 4 criteria (3 are needed to make the diagnosis). Combined with my neurological symptoms and my first neurological episode/attack. He said it definitely looks like MS. He is sending me for an MRI of my C spine to see if there are any abnormalities because that would be 3 and give the diagnosis. He is also sending me for memory testing and possibly a spinal tap.

It's weird because I was so prepared for him to tell me that its MS I thought I would be fine. There's such a difference between preparing yourself and actually being told you fit half the criteria with only one MRI. I'm scared and not sure if I'm going to be able to handle the actual diagnosis once it's set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment