October 31, 2014

Watch What You Say

I hear a lot oh you're so thin, you're so blessed. You're a size small, you're so lucky. I've heard these and many more comments made about my size. Yes I'm small and thin, it's a mixture of my body build and metabolism. I just really dislike when people bring up my weight or tell me that I need to gain weight or eat more. I eat, a lot. Yes at times I watch what I eat but it's mostly that I just want to eat healthy.

The thing is you never know what someone is struggling with. I could have an eating disorder or some other issue pertaining to my weight. That's the thing, you just don't know. I don't have an eating disorder or any other issue with my weight. But I do get bothered by comments that are made about my weight. I don't know why but I do. Maybe it's because I have trouble gaining weight and once I lose weight (unintentionally) it's very difficult for me to put it back on.

So I don't like the comments or remarks. You never know how something affects another individual. Sometimes it's meant as a compliment but honestly most of the time I don't feel blessed to be this thin. Be careful with what you say, you never know how your words can affect someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment