March 01, 2014

Jess, Where are you?

When I was 16 all I had wanted were answers, I mean who wouldn't? But I didn't receive a diagnosis then.

Looking back at that time in my life I'm so happy that I hadn't received my diagnosis at 16. Don't get me wrong I'm strong and was really strong for a 16 year old especially all the stuff that had been thrown at me. I just don't think I would have been able to handle it.

I received my diagnosis at 21 then a month before my 23rd birthday, I received a shocking surprise from a new doctor. He was doubting the diagnosis I had been given, he still is. I haven't been feeling as strong as I once was. It's been the hardest period of time for me. I guess I'm searching for that 16 year old girl, where did all her strength go...could it be all used up?

No comments:

Post a Comment