December 13, 2013

I feel so broken. I keep thinking a lot about my counseling appointment on Wednesday. My counselor asked me what I liked about my Cognitive Psychology class the most. I liked everything about it but I really liked being able to apply things to myself. The first in particular meta-cognition, thinking about your thinking. I was tell her about this puzzle we had to solve in the beginning of the year and how I was too focused on parts of it that I couldn't see the whole thing. I realized in order to solve it I had to look at the whole thing.

Then we applied this to my life. She brought up a point that's kind of been stuck with me. I've been so focused on figuring out whats going on with parts of myself, I haven't looked at the whole picture. I've had problems with my central nervous system, my ovaries and menstrual cycle, had two organs removed (granted--I didn't really need them anyways) and some other things. I've always focused on making on part of my health better at a time but what if I going about it all wrong? What if it's not just my central nervous system....what if there's something wrong with me all around?

No comments:

Post a Comment