April 01, 2013

2 things that irk me

First, I'm sick of hearing, you shouldn't stop living your life just because you have MS. I'm so sick of the assumptions. My life now is exactly how it was before my diagnosis plus or minus some things. I don't go out to bars or go drinking because I don't want to, I've always been like that. I'm not missing out, I just don't feel the need to get drunk or even drink for that matter and make a fool of myself in front of people I don't know. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything right now.

Yes, I feel like I missed out on things like being a kid and different high school experiences. But then I look back on everything that has happened and it has made me so much stronger.

Second, I'm sick of hearing you had to change your whole life because you have MS. No I didn't. Yes I now have to do injections three times a week but so what. They are slowly down the progression of my MS. People are stupid. I used to get upset now, I just laugh when I hear things like "What are you going to do if you are out on a date excuse yourself from the table and say sorry I need to go take my injection?". Seriously?

People make the stupidest remarks and feeling so unsupported. Instead of the people around me being positive all I hear are negative remarks. As hard as it is to deal with the people around me all the time, I'm so glad that I have found support from people at MS World. I have found a family in them. They understand and get it, they don't pass judgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment