February 11, 2012

Making a Decision

It may seem like a stupid decision to most people but it's a big decision for me.

I promised myself almost 8 years ago that I would never drink because my mom was an alcoholic. I watched her rip my family apart and her struggle with alcohol. Her battle with staying sober or picking up the bottle again.

Well I'm 21 now, I have been since November. I have still yet to drink. I kind of want to but I have these thoughts in my head how being an alcoholic is in my genetics. When I think about drinking my mind plays back all the times she was drunk and I watched.

So I'm going to my friend's party tonight and I told her I'd pick up some stuff for her on the way. Do I wanna pick up something for me too? Probably not.

I wouldn't even know what to get not that, that even matters. But at the same time I'm really not sure I'm ready to drink. Do I just want it because everyone else is doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment