December 14, 2014

Craft Time!

If you haven't already realized I love using my creative side and I'm very thankful that I am creative!

We recently had a holiday party at work where we did a White Elephant gift exchange. I decided to make the gift I was contributing. We had a $5 limit and this is what I came up with because who doesn't love chocolate?


I printed out the sign, then taped the chocolate to the sign before putting it into the frame. It seemed to be a hit!













The next craft project I took on is one for the little girl I watch. Her mom has always painted her nails but just recently the little girl has gotten really excited and into having her nails done. I thought what better than to get her some of her own little nail polishes (for mom to hold onto for her) and some of those nail stickers for children. I wanted to present it in a cute way. My first instinct was a mason jar because I love mason jars but she is only three years old and unfortunately that's all glass. I tried to find a clear plastic makeup bag but had no such luck. Then I decided to literally walk up and down EVERY aisle in A.C.Moore, which was good because I found something to use yet so bad for my fatigue.

I decided to go with this clear plastic "paint can" that I found. I also bought some fabric paint and flower stickers to decorate and personalize the container with.
=

Here is the finished project!


I added some glittery tissue paper to the bottom of the container then added the nail polish it. All that is needed now is to find those nail stickers that I remember so fondly from when I was a child! 

I had so much fun decorating and personalizing it! I think she is going to be so excited when she opens it. Can't wait to see what project I decide to tackle next!

No comments:

Post a Comment