June 28, 2014

I've been wondering a lot about what age we start storing our memories. Mostly because I don't really remember much from before 3rd grade and I was already 9 or 10 by then. So where did all those memories go? I remember some stuff about my family and friends but that's about it and it isn't much.

I'm mainly wondering about this because I was trying to remember how my mom was before. From about the time I was in 5th grade (so I was about 11 or 12) I grew up with an alcoholic mother. That's the way I remember her as an alcoholic, as drunk and acting crazy. Those aren't the greatest memories to have of a mother. It's probably one of the reasons I don't have the kind of relationship I want to have with her and why I can't forgive her from everything she put me and my family through. I just wish I had better memories of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment