January 13, 2014

Family Hiatus

I need one of those. I'm 23 and one of the most mature and responsible people you could meet. Although my family never seems to see that. To my family I'm immature and irresponsible. I'm so sick of being questioned about every decision and choice I make. I'm sick of being questioned about my ability to do things like taking care of my dad. Everyone acts as if I'm incapable, an idiot or something along those lines. I'm not an idiot and I am very capable. And I feel as though I can't talk freely about any of it because they say I complain or I'm making up excuses. I'm tired of dealing with it. They are going to lose me one day, I can only hope that losing me will open their eyes and wake them up. I can hope but somehow I don't think it will. I am so grateful for the friends I have that have become like family to me, their support means the world to me. It's a shame that my biological family isn't the same way.

Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what. 
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment